IGT Systems Engineer in Las Vegas, Nevada
Req No. 17435BR
Job Posting Title Systems Engineer
Location NV - Las Vegas
Employment Status Full Time
Description Systems Engineers who are part of our Systems Integration team travel around the US, and in some cases around the world, working as the hands on systems integrator, of IGT’s propriety systems, at our client sites. Their technical library is vast across a platform that will involve the deployment of Windows Servers, SQL Servers, VMware, Networking in a shared storage environment. If you thrive on having your hands in a little bit of everything, traveling all over, going from project to project our ingenious integration team wants you to get into the game.
This position can be based in Las Vegas or Reno NV.
First Year Goals
Your involvement as a System Engineer will allow you to gain the latest knowledge keeping your technology skillset fresh and current. After the first year, you will have gained the necessary skill set required to perform Support SE functions and possibly Primary SE functions.
• The Primary SE role is assigned to you from the Project Manager for each project. The role of the Primary SE is to coordinate and manage all SE tasks for the project.
• The Support SE role assists and is sometimes assigned tasks by the Primary SE. You and your supervisor will identify what your passion is and make sure a development plan is created that helps you grow in your passion area.
• Shadow and then Support assigned IGT domestic systems installations, and upgrades of IGT’s twenty plus Gaming Systems software applications.
• Utilize the latest technology of operating systems, relational databases, and network infrastructures as it relates to installations and upgrades and virtualization ensuring you and IGT remain the leader in the industry contributing to IGT’s bottom line.
• Put your superior troubleshooting skills in play solving field problems with upgrades and new installations helping the Systems Integration team triumph with 100% client satisfaction.
• Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum 3 years of experience with systems installation / maintenance/ upgrades / network security/ network technologies • SQL deployment / administration
• Ability to travel on average 50% but up to 70% (frequent and extended for 2-3 weeks at a time)
• Install, configure, administer and troubleshoot Windows 2003/2008R2, SQL 2005/2008R2 deployment/administration, • network infrastructure (Brocade, Cisco, Dell, HP, Juniper, SonicWall), load balancers (A10, F5), design, server clustering, virtual infrastructure (VMware, HyperV) and Storage Area Networks (NETAPP) configuration and administration
• Experience in CMDB, ITIL practices or hardware/software set-up and installation
• Experience with setting up network design and implementation
• Certifications in Microsoft, VMware, Networking and Storage Area Networks are a plus
• SQL Scripting as well as PowerShell/VBS/C# scripting
Special requirements needed Security Investigation
Keys To Success
• Drive results to achieve high-quality work results regardless of work complexity.
• Build collaborative relationships both internally and externally
• Decision making to identify and understand situations; identify opportunities to proactively resolve.
• Personal energy to proactively address situations and adopt a positive approach; resilience in front of change and obstacles.
• Self-leadership to continuously learn and develop oneself
• Foster innovation
IGT is committed to sustaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of the global customers and communities we serve, creating a fair and inclusive culture that enables all our employees to feel valued, respected and engaged. IGT is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, and any other personal attributes protected by federal, state, or other laws. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected to interview will be contacted.