IGT Sr. Game Mathematician in Reno, Nevada
Req No. 17380BR
Job Posting Title Sr. Game Mathematician
Location NV - Reno
Employment Status Full Time
As an industry game changer, IGT is the world’s leading gaming technology company focused on design and development of cutting edge, casino-style entertainment.
IGT leverages its vast content library and pushes the boundaries of global game development to deliver the next generation of great gaming experiences to players around the world. So if you want to help create products for your favorite casino and you’re believe in game changer vision with extreme technical skills, we invite you to Come Out and Play!
We are seeking a passionate, adaptive, technical, and pioneering Game Designer that is ready to take their industry leading and technical skills to the next-generation of interactive gaming. Blending expertise with innovation, this individual will help define engaging entertainment that will appeal and showcase original experiences to a wide player audience. This position will use their talents to constructively communicate and leverage a motivated cross disciplined team, participate and grow in a collaborative environment, and help shape the industry with their innovative solutions.
The Game Designer will:
· Participate in designing all aspects of a game design including entertainment, pacing, mathematical outcomes, and player communication.
· Actively work on multiple projects concurrently, as strong multitasking is essential.
· Have meticulous attention to detail to achieve optimal designs, including math models, XML control files, par sheets and customer-facing communication.
· Mentor fellow game designers and development staff to share innovative and technical solutions and help shape other project features.
· Test mathematical outcomes to assure quality and that accurate calculations are achieved (through excel and programming).
· Maintain active field research, analysis and industry knowledge to clearly understand and convey player profiles to develop new features and products.
· Create and own all design documentation and deliverables for projects, including game concepts, in-game messaging, marketing communication, game rules, some game documentation, and paytables.
· Generate initial and final excel-based math models, par sheets, and XML control files (or comparable code file ats) used by the game engine.
· Extensively play test games in studio development with detailed verbal or written feedback around all aspects of the player experience: math, art, sound, messaging, game pacing and user interface.
· Jointly develop and adapt prototypes and simulators (XNA, C#, XML schema and Direct X) to play test, refine and troubleshoot calculations on game concepts.
· Contribute to ensure external partners have up-to-date knowledge of key design features to market and promote finished products.
· Analyze performance data from the marketplace to help identify future game mechanics and industry trends.
First Year Goals
· Contribute to the conceptualizing, design and calculation for multiple product ideas for the games portfolio.
· Deliver mathematical & design documentation for each project and follow its full implementation through the development process.
· Mentor the game design team by providing technical support and insight, as well as unique game & industry insights.
· Has a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics or other technical field requiring use advanced mathematics up to and including probability theory.
· Has a minimum of 3 years of slot game proposition design; 4 to 5 preferred.
· Ability to create simulations and calculation programs for various types of existing and new slot mechanics (line evaluation, way evaluation, scatter evaluation, pick bonuses, free games bonuses, etc.), or refer to existing libraries and alter code for the same purpose using any programming language you prefer).
· Ability to create Markov Chain calculations through programming or excel.
· Has solid expertise with Excel; mastery through VBA preferred.
· Has strong expertise in Combinatorics, Probability Theory and Statistics.
· Demonstrates ability to create well-structured, well-documented, maintainable programs in C/C++/C# (or comparable language).
· Demonstrates outstanding data analysis and presentation skills.
· Must work well with creative conflict in a consensus-based, collaborative environment.
· Is able to communicate effectively with engineering, art, production and business personnel.
Special requirements needed
Must be at least 21 years of age
Able to obtain a Gaming License
Keys To Success
· Drive results to achieve high-quality work results regardless of work complexity.
· Build collaborative relationships both internally and externally
· Decision making to identify and understand situations; identify opportunities to proactively resolve.
· Personal energy to proactively address situations and adopt a positive approach; resilience in front of change and obstacles.
· Self-leadership to continuously learn and develop oneself
· Foster innovation
IGT is committed to sustaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of the global customers and communities we serve, creating a fair and inclusive culture that enables all our employees to feel valued, respected and engaged. IGT is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, and any other personal attributes protected by federal, state, or other laws. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected to interview will be contacted.