IGT Field Service Technician in West Greenwich, Rhode Island
Req No. 17283BR
Job Posting Title Field Service Technician
Location RI - West Greenwich
Employment Status Full Time
Description Are you passionate about building customer relationships? Do you enjoy being out in the field and challenging yourself with a variety of technical tasks? If you enjoy technical support in a face-to-face field environment and travel, we encourage you to dive deeper into our Field Services Casino Technician opportunity. While this position is based in West Greenwich, there will be extensive travel (up to 80%) in the U.S. across multi-jurisdictional sites.
• Performs a variety of duties related to the maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of gaming/lottery equipment down to the component/circuit level with limited supervision.
• Ensures policy adherence and provides excellent customer service to lottery personnel, gaming control agencies, facility personnel, internal management and external customers.
• Comprehensive understanding of rules and regulations, including venue specific policies, within assigned jurisdictions.
• Thorough understanding of IGT procedures necessary to service, maintain and install Electronic Gaming Machines (EGM’s) and related equipment including player tracking and promotional systems.
• Operational understanding of IGT procedures necessary to service, maintain and install all lottery and related equipment.
• Thorough understanding of gaming and lottery industry terminology and adheres to IGT’s Customer Service Best Practices.
• Adheres to all IGT safety policies and procedures
• Gathers information, including gaming and lottery facility non-compliance issues, equipment failure trends, customer concerns and equipment performance feedback and escalates to management.
• Frequent travel to multiple jurisdictions to take a lead or supporting role on installations, removals, conversions, upgrades and relocations of EGM’s, supporting systems and lottery equipment with minimal supervision.
• Troubleshoots gaming and lottery equipment to determine cause of failure and performs necessary resolution; escalates concerns as required.
• Communicates in a professional and effective manner with facility personnel, co-workers, regulators, external customers and management.
• Knowledge of communication and IT equipment and ability to troubleshoot and repair networking and data failures related to lottery and gaming equipment including optic fiber/data required for WAP systems.
• Knowledge of bill acceptor and printer diagnostic and firmware downloading equipment/software.
• Understands multiple jurisdiction’s memory clear/game optioning policies and can effectively demonstrate the ability to perform these functions as required.
• Ability to perform functionality training for new gaming/lottery equipment and related software to internal and external customers as needed
• Performs customer service functions with gaming regulators, lottery representatives, facility staff and customers
• Maintains record of service activity using designated service databases and produces required reports for management to assist with field service performance metrics evaluatios
First Year Goals
• Performs regularly scheduled preventative maintenance on gaming and lottery equipment while ensuring that all equipment is functioning correctly, meets IGT safety standards and is aesthetically correct
• Maintains designated technician work areas, assigned vehicle inventories and ensures company vehicles are maintained and operated in safe manner in adherence with IGT’s fleet policies
• Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
• High School graduate or GED equivalent required; Associate’s degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school preferred.
• 2 - 3 years of related work experience servicing IGT or similar gaming/lottery equipment and 1 - 2 years of experience leading projects or acting in a lead role meeting required deadlines with minimal supervision.
• Candidate must have strong electronic/mechanical reasoning skills, the ability to read wiring diagrams/system schematics and the ability to work independently or on a team
• All candidates must pass a criminal history background check mandated by state gaming and lottery regulators and must be able to obtain and maintain multiple gaming/lottery licenses throughout North America
• All candidates must have the ability to pass a credit history background check facilitating approval for corporate travel accounts; accounts must be maintained in good standing throughout employment
• Possess thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office products to include Outlook, Word and Excel at minimum
• Excellent customer service skills and effective verbal and written communication skills are required
• Must be at least 21 years old and have/maintain a valid driver’s license with minimal point violations in accordance with
Special requirements needed
Must be at least 21 years of age
Able to lift 50 lbs or more
Pass a background check
Keys To Success
• Drive results to achieve high-quality work results regardless of work complexity. • Build collaborative relationships both internally and externally • Decision making to identify and understand situations; identify opportunities to proactively resolve. • Personal energy to proactively address situations and adopt a positive approach; resilience in front of change and obstacles. • Self-leadership to continuously learn and develop oneself • Foster innovation
IGT is committed to sustaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of the global customers and communities we serve, creating a fair and inclusive culture that enables all our employees to feel valued, respected and engaged. IGT is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, and any other personal attributes protected by federal, state, or other laws. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected to interview will be contacted.